The primary objectives of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) is to ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system. The CBI shall also promote sustainable growth, employment and prosperity in Iraq. The functions of the CBI in addition to achieving its primary objectives are:
- Implement the monetary policy and the exchange rate policy of Iraq.
- Hold gold and manage the state reserves of gold.
- Issue and manage the Iraqi currency.
- Establish, oversee, promote a sound and efficient payment system.
- Issue licenses or permits in addition to regulating and supervising the banking sector as specified by the Banking Law.
- Carry out any ancillary tasks or transactions within the framework of Iraqi law.
Governor Agency (Dr.Abdul Basit Turki Saeed )
Governor Agency : Dr. Abdul Basit Turki Saeed
Deputy Governor (Mr. Zuhair Ali Akbar)
Deputy Governor :Mr. Zuhair Ali Akbar
Holidays in 2013 (in addition to Friday and Saturday)
|Jan. 1||New Year's Day|
|6||Army Day / 1921|
|Mar. 21||Spring Day|
|May 1||Labour Day|
|July 14||14 the July Revolution / 1958|
|Aug.*9||Ed Al-Fitr (3 Days)|
|Oct.*15||Ed Al-Adha (4 Days)|
|Nov. *5||Islamic New Year|
Dates noted with asterisk (*) are approximate